Doyle Township, Michigan
|• Supervisor||Lynn Norton|
|• Clerk||Patti Hoffman|
|• Total||154.19 sq mi (399.4 km2)|
|• Land||146.12 sq mi (378.4 km2)|
|• Water||8.07 sq mi (20.9 km2)|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||4.3/sq mi (1.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626192|
Doyle Township is a civil township of Schoolcraft County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 563 in 2020. This area is known for its pristine beaches on Lake Michigan and inland lakes, such as Gulliver Lake, McDonald Lake, and Clear Lake, among others.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 154.19 square miles (399.35 km2), of which 146.12 square miles (378.45 km2) is land and 8.07 square miles (20.90 km2) (5.23%) is water.
- Gulliver is an unincorporated community in the township on U.S. 2 on the shores of Gulliver Lake.
- Whitedale is a defunct town located near Gulliver. The town was abandoned in the 1950s.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Doyle Township, Michigan
- "Welcome to Doyle Township Located in County, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula !". www.doyletownship.com. Retrieved April 4, 2023.
- "Explore Census Data". data.census.gov. Retrieved August 4, 2023.